"Don't worry bout them liking it, you love your craft, everyone else will catch up later"- Jody

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

the beauty UNSEEN (part 2 of the "love senses" collection)

When she looked at him,
everything seemed okay.
he was handsome,
fresh haircut and facial hair,
clean shoes,
you know what they say about a man with dirty shoes.
Thank God his were clean.
He was with a group of guys but something about him stood out from them.

He rocked a pair of Raybans,
I always loved those dark shades,
something about em made a thug look beyond handsome.
Raybans, Levis, white tee and a fresh fade.
where did he come from and why am I just now seeing him.
I've been around for a little while now so I know if I would've seen him,
he would've been noticed.

I guess his boys seen me looking,
one leaned over and whispered something in his ear
but dude never looked in my direction,
man I could take everything expect rejection.
but it came with the territory,
looking at a yellow dude never gets you far if you're a female of my complexion.

I took it for what it was,
went back to doing what I was doing,
my whole point of coming to the bar was to get my buzz on.
I sat there,
throwing shots back with my girls,
laughing and faded giggles.
then there was a tap on my shoulder,
the look on my girls faces let me know it was something good,
I turned around and to my surprise,
it was you.

you extended your hand,
still wearing your shades,
I accepted your hand,
a firm shake huh?
a man with confidence I could tell.
you rubbed my hand as you held it,
I'd never had sucha thing done to me.

you introduced yourself as "Q"
I said I'm Kii.
I complimented your outfit, and your looks.
you stepped closer and told me you wish you could say the same.

rejection slapped me right in my face,
again,
this time I just wanted to leave this place,
it seem to be bad luck tonight,
I told you it was nice meeting you,
you grabbed my hand again,
still wearing your shades,
you held my face in hands,
rubbing your thumb across the lining of my eyes and lips,
you removed your shades.
I lost my breath,
your eyes,
the color of the beautiful blue sea,
then you said to me..

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I was born with no sight, my hands are my eyes.
I couldn't compliment you yet bc I hadn't felt your beauty just yet.
your beautiful eyes, your full lips,
I just seen half of your beauty with my fingertips.

kaytee

No comments:

Post a Comment