"Don't worry bout them liking it, you love your craft, everyone else will catch up later"- Jody

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Lacey "Lost and Turned Out"

Lacey

"You have a collect call from an inmate at...do you accept" my heart skipped beats, id been waiting for Lacey to call for a few days now. "Please press ..." I knew what to press. 

"Hello?" Lacey was barely audible. 
"Are you okay? Where are you! What the fuck really happened" I felt my voice going above it's normal monotone to damn near a yell. 

"I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm in Carson" Lacey began to speak but I cut her off. "what the fuck happened Lacey, why are you there yet Chance trifling ass is still walking around!!" I was yelling now. I was sitting on the couch but now I found myself pacing the floor in the den of our home. A home id shared with Lacey and my sisters for a few years now. 

"I had brass knuckles in my purse, that's a felony but you know why I carry em. They didn't take Chance because they were my brass knuckles."

 Lacey's voice trailed off as I found myself zoning out. I knew why Lacey carried brass knuckles but I still didn't understand why she was the only one in jail. Chance was an unlicensed driver with warrants , gang file entries and I'm sure there was weed in the car when they got pulled over. 

"Hello!" Lacey said into the receiver. I snapped out of my daydream. 

"I'm here. Well are you okay? When do you go to court?" I asked.

"I mean I'm as good as I can be, have you seen Chance?" I immediately got heated. 

"Why the fuck are you worried about a nigga that let you go to jail? He could've said they were his! He didn't even want to tell us what happened to you! TF!!" I felt myself trembling. 

Chance wasn't going to tell us that Lacey was arrested had my niece not asked him. I honestly believe he didn't give a fuck. 

"He does care, when you see him tell him I go to court on Tuesday..." 

"I'm not telling him shit, he can look it up since he cares so much" I yelled at Lacey. To be so smart, this girl was losing her noodles and fast. 

"well I have to go now, I'll be home soon" she hung up without saying goodbye. I'd pissed her off, I'm sure of it but I don't care because that's really how I felt. 

I sat there for a minute with the cordless phone in my lap, just thinking about Lacey and the dumb ass choices she had been making lately. I was at wits end with it, people don't realize they hurt the closes to them when they did shit like this. 

Just as I was about to go tell my aunt that I spoke to Lacey, there was a knock on the front door. I walked down the hallway, still fuming from my conversation with Lacey but I swear I became even more pissed when I seen who was standing on the other side of the door. Looking dirty and dusty as usual, Chance stood with his back facing the door, I knew it was him from his lack of haircut, typical dirty nigga shit. I clenched my fist around the cordless phone I held, when I opened the door it took everything in me not kick him in his fucking back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment