"Don't worry bout them liking it, you love your craft, everyone else will catch up later"- Jody

Friday, June 17, 2016

Untitled New Snippet


61717..


"We don't have to do it again, I thought I wanted it one more time but I really don't think it's a good idea" I walked away from the bed after I grabbed my bag.
"Where are you going in the middle of the night though? Relax queen, it's not that deep" he always downplayed my feelings. I didn't say anything, kept walking toward the front door of his apartment.
He pushed passed me and blocked the door so I couldn't get out.
"I really don't think you need to be leaving at three something in the morning Kia" he looked sincere but I'd heard these words too many times before. Always followed by one of his kisses that made me weak to my knees. Not this time though. As hard as it would be to really leave him alone, I had to start the process.
His locks hung loosely in his face, pulling a few of them back, he looked at me.
"I don't know what I did to you but I don't want you to leave. Not like this, not right now" he reached out to touch my cheek, I took a step back. We both are fully aware of what his touch is capable of. He looked at me sideways "why are you being like this Kia?" The nerve, I thought to myself. I felt my eyes burning, the anxious feeling that made its way through my body let me know if I opened my mouth, tears would fall.
"You can't give me what I need, you have no intentions of even trying and I'm not just okay with fucking on you" the tears cascaded down my cheeks. He reached out to touch me again but again, I moved out of the way.
"You're okay with this, I can act like I am but I'm not. I love you Lo, I've loved you for a long time now" I sniffled between sobs "I just can't. If you can give me more than this...more than this bomb ass sex and conversations then I'll stay but if you can't and you know you don't have any intentions of doing so, let me leave" I felt like I'd been holding that in forever. Lotus looked surprised, I thought I saw a glimmer of hope in his eyes, like he was finally gonna man up for me. He exhaled and moved out of the doorway. I guess I got my answer. Barely able to keep myself together, I struggled but I didn't break down in front of him. When I made it to my car, I looked back, just to see if he was gonna have a change of heart and run after me. He didn't. I watched the lights in his house go off and I made a vow to myself that that would be the last time any man had that kind of power over me..

No comments:

Post a Comment